18th November 2020
Coronavirus. (updated 19/3/20)
In the current situation of the Covid 19 coronavirus pandemic we are trying to do our best with very little guidance from the government.
What we are doing is trying to minimize the risk to the staff and patients and the spread of the disease. Which means we are doing the following
- We will not see any patient with a raised temperature and or a new cough (or if anyone in their household has) as they should be self isolating and following the guidance seen here
- Any patient that is in a high risk group either due to their age or underlying medical condition can cancel their appointments with us. We fully understand about any concerns and there will be no charge for doing so.
- We are reducing the number of appointments and spreading patients out during the working session so our waiting room should never be full.
- We are postponing any treatment that produce aerosols (fillings and crown preparations) and not using ultrasonic cleaning with our hygienists. Unless someone is in pain or it is an emergency situation. If that is the case we will be using dental dam more and the high power suction to reduce the risks.
- Patients having any appointment may be asked to rinse their mouth before hand to reduce the risk of spreading any virus that they might not know they have got.
- Keeping our strict cross infection control procedures in place. Including using hand gel when entering or leaving the building.
- Splitting our Dental team as of Monday the 23rd of March so to try and keep the some staff safe if some come down with the virus. We hope that means we shall always have a dentist available for emergencies. This means the dentists Rebecca and Alison will not be in on the same days. You may find you are offered an appointment with the dentist you don't normally see. This will only be for the short term and we ask you to bare with us at the moment.
The situation is changing every day at the moment and we are happy to talk to you if you have any concerns about your dentistry or appointments. Please call the practice on 01904 781987. We shall try and keep you informed of any changes that happen in the coming weeks and we hope you understand that the general health of our patients and staff is just as important as their dental health.
Practice Owner and Principal Dentist.